How to Apply
Our grads all had determination. Now they have degrees.
Office of University Admissions
Atlanta, Douglas County, Henry County, Macon
How To Apply
Applicants with more than nine (9) undergraduate credit hours after high school graduation are considered transfer students. If you have fewer than nine hours of college credit, contact us for more program options.
For admission to Mercer’s bachelor’s degree completion program for busy and working adults, applicants must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.25 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Some specific programs of study have higher admission criteria—see individual academic program page to review program-specific requirements. Students with slightly below a 2.25 GPA who meet all other requirements may be considered for conditional admission. Transient and non-degree applicants should consult the nursing school or pharmacy school program of interest for any additional requirements as it relates to GPA.
Required transfer application materials include:
- Completed application for admission
- $25 non-refundable application fee ($50 for international applicants)
- High school or GED transcript (if applicable)
- Official college transcripts of all college-level work from all previously attended institutions
Note: Transient and non-degree applicants may submit an official copy of their most recent transcript for admission.
After we receive all of the required documents, we’ll move quickly to evaluate your application for admission. You should receive a decision within one week.
How To Order Your Official Transcripts Online
- Visit your previous institution’s Office of the Registrar website, and search “transcript request.”
- Depending on the services accepted by your previous institution, select the appropriate service from the following list to send your transcript to Mercer.
- On your selected service’s website, enter your information. When prompted, select Mercer University as the recipient. For electronic delivery, enter email@example.com. For mail delivery, enter Mercer University, Office of University Admissions, P.O. Box 2140, McDonough, GA 30253.
- Submit your request.
- Your transcript will be sent to Mercer! Delivery times vary by school sending times and your choice of electronic or mail delivery.
For orders processed through Parchment, the average school sending time is within two business days from when Parchment notifies the school. If you select electronic delivery, as soon as your transcript is processed by your school, Parchment will send the transcript to Mercer. If you select mail delivery and your school processes the transcript by 6:00 p.m., Parchment will print and mail your transcript to Mercer the same day. For additional information about Parchment’s process, visit the Parchment website.
If you have questions about the transcript request process, schedule a personalized appointment to discuss more details.
Returning to school after 20 years can be intimidating! Mercer was great because I was in an environment with other adult learners and I didn’t feel out of place. The students were my age, we all faced the same challenges, and we motivated each other.
As you push forward, we've always got your back.
Enrollment Partnerships and Pathways
Distance Learning and State Authorization
Out-of-State Professional Licensure
Reach out and come experience the Mercer difference for yourself.