Mercer offers an academic scholarship for qualified working adult undergraduate students to support achievement of a bachelor’s degree
Office of University Admissions
Atlanta, Douglas County, Henry County, Macon
New students who enroll at Mercer University full-time (a minimum of six credit hours per eight-week term) may be eligible for an annual $500 scholarship toward direct charges for tuition and fees. The scholarship is renewable each year the student is enrolled as a full-time working adult undergraduate student as long as all eligibility criteria are met and maintained, up to $2,000 over four consecutive academic years.
How to Earn the BEAR Scholarship:
Applicants will be automatically considered for scholarship eligibility at the point of admission; no separate application process is required for scholarship consideration.
Get started on your bachelor’s degree at Mercer University. Learn more about how to apply for admission.
- Student must be admitted and enroll as a new student for the first time at Mercer University. (Students enrolled prior to Fall 2019 Session II are not eligible.)
- Student must be admitted to and enroll in a degree-seeking, working adult undergraduate program in the University’s College of Professional Advancement, Stetson-Hatcher School of Business, or Tift College of Education.
- Student must be admitted to and enroll in a bachelor’s degree program in a full-time status (a minimum of six credit hours per 8-week term). Non-degree programs are not eligible.
- Student must have an entering GPA of 2.5 or greater from previous high school and/or college coursework. GPA must be validated through unofficial or official high school or college/university transcripts by the eighth week of the first term.
- Student must maintain good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and continuous enrollment at the University to be eligible for annual scholarship renewal.
- The scholarship is not available to students who enroll at a special employer-specific tuition rate or who receive a tuition waiver.
- Scholarship funds will be disbursed in the amount of $500 annually from date of first award ($250 per semester for spring and fall semesters)
For more information, contact the Office of University Admissions at 877.840.8599.