Come back to school to get ahead.
Transfer your credits and take your education further.
For admission as a transfer student
- A completed Mercer undergraduate Application for Admission.
- A $25 non-refundable application fee—check or money order made payable to Mercer University.
- Official transcripts of all college-level work attempted at a regionally-accredited college, university, or technical school, indicating a 2.25-2.5 cumulative GPA, dependent upon program. Provisional admission could be available dependent upon program. Please see specific admission criteria for program of interest.
*Official documents must be received in a sealed envelope directly from the institution or testing agency.
All application materials and admissions correspondence should be mailed to:
Henry County Regional Academic Center
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 2140
McDonough, GA 30253
After we receive all of the required documents, we’ll move quickly. You will receive your decision in the mail—usually within two weeks.
How to evaluate your credits
Once you’re accepted, your transcripts will be evaluated. We’ll do a course-by-course review to determine which credits will transfer. There are a couple of rules that we follow to award transfer credit:
- The course must have been taken at a regionally accredited institution.
- The course must be college level. Learning support classes are not considered.
- You must have earned a grade of “C” or better in the course.
- The course must be comparable to something Mercer University offers.
We’ll mail you a copy of the results and also notify your academic advisor.
Note: no more than 64 semester hours are transferable from regionally accredited two-year institutions and 96 semester hours total from all regionally accredited institutions.
Learn more about transferring credits to Mercer.
What is required to complete an admissions application?
A completed application and official transcripts of all college work attempted. If an applicant has not completed any college work prior to applying to Mercer or has attempted less than 30 hours of college work, a high school or GED transcript is required.